"I design clothes because I don’t want women to look all innocent and naïve…I want woman to look stronger…I don’t like women to be taken advantage of…I don’t like men whistling at women in the street. I think they deserve more respect. I like men to keep their distance from women, I like men to be stunned by an entrance. I’ve seen a woman get nearly beaten to death by her husband. I know what misogyny is … I want people to be afraid of the women I dress."
2 white construction workers who were witnesses to Mike Brown’s murder have stepped forward to say that Mike Brown was murdered with his hands up. They fear losing their jobs.
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
"Recognizing the ‘personal as political’ allowed women to identify, through consciousness raising groups and the exchange of personal experiences, that what they took to be their own personal failings, such as hating their plump stomachs. or feigning a headache when they wanted to avoid sexual intercourse without their male partner getting angry, were not just individual experiences. They were the common experiences of women, constructed out of the unequal power relations of the so-called ‘private’ world, and very political indeed"
So the wife of Ferguson police chief says community is “feral”.
A wild cracker appears.
Fuck this bitch
I am so fucking ashamed and my mind is boiling from the ignorance, these people are so brain-washed by their own entitlement I can’t even fucking deal.
And this is fucking racism, and I don’t understand how white people can’t tell the difference. She is racist, she has these views and is married to the chief of police, an organization that can *clearly* get away with murdering black children because they deem us as animals. She has power and clout behind those words, and so do the millions of other racists that murder, attack, abuse, and hate black people. If a black person calls you a cracker or doesn’t trust you, there is no power there. There isn’t generations of brain washing and social norms that have been ingrained in our society, white people see a white person and they are another human, white people see a black person, and they see an animal, wild livestock that needs to be culled, and we have to fight for our humanity, to prove constantly we are human, and how the fuck can we prove our humanity to a group of humans that have devolved into monsters, and see that now as human simply because the skin is white, disassociating themselves from their horrible inexcusable actions.
*white person shoots up movie theater* oh he probably maybe had a mental disorder and rough childhood, i feel bad for him we should have seen the signs and gotten him help….
*black person gets shot unarmed* oh he probably was walking around like a gangster thug, i want a full toxicology report and i’m def gonna ignore the eye witness accounts of the incident because they are all…you know…black…and probably biased and lying.
(Source: blastortoise-chan, via coleytangerina)
I honestly think people forget that the church and state are supposed to be separate. Give me one non-religious reason against same sex marriage. One non-religious reason against stem cell research. One non-religious reason against safe abortions. Go ahead.
I’ve been saying this for YEARS.
1. Don’t try to piss quietly. Nobody in a public restroom thinks you’re knitting in your stall. They came to piss, just like you. And if you have to take a dump, do it. Get over your fear of public toilets. It’ll make life a lot easier.
2. Masturbate. Masturbate a lot. Talk about it with your friends. You’ve got the right to make yourself feel good and brag about it just like all the boys with extra large kleenex packages on their desks.
3. If you want the large fries, get the large fries. Hunger and appetite are nothing to be ashamed of, just human. Don’t ever feel guilty for eating in front of others. You need to nourish your body to stay alive. We all do.
4. Laugh as loud as you have to, no matter if you snort or gasp or literally scream.
5. Fart when you have to.
6. Always remember you weren’t born to visually please others. Forget the phrase “what if they think it’s ugly”. If you think it’s lovely, it is lovely. You wanna wear it, wear it!
7. Speak your mind! You can learn to do so without insulting others or shoving your opinion down other people’s throats.
I am NOT a feminist because:
Not all people are women and not only women are worth fighting for. That is why I am a humanist.
We wouldn’t need feminism if humanism had anything to do with human rights, including women’s. It was a 19th c movement against supernaturalism. You’re misinformed. Being a feminist provides you with a platform and theory upon which men’s rights can be fought for.
"I stand united against rape because: Rape is not a mistake. rape is not an “oopsie”. Rape is calculated. Rape is pre-meditated. Rape is murder of the body, the spirit, the mind. Rape is the effect of ego, entitlement, power. And Rape is infecting the world. - N"